Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Stay at Home Mom

Elise and Joseph
the Tiger Tamer What's a circus w/out the trapeze!
I took my kids to the circus last week which was very fun for all-but on the way there I was thinking how lucky I am to be able to stay at home with my kids. I have the freedom to drop everything and run up to SLC to the circus, or go to the park. If I had to work I would miss out on so much. I have a friend that tells me all the time that life is all about the journey and I am enjoying mine.

Elise quit preschool-uhgg, it is starting already! But we do it at home three days a week. I thought I would dread it trying to make sure I taught her all she needs to succeed in kindergarten-geometry, chemisty, you know. But I find myself really enjoying the time with her. Her little mind is like a sponge and soaks up so much as well as retains it. She has a thirst for learning that I hope I can encourage her to retain throughout her life. Her Dad loves learning new stuff and is always talking about going back to school or doing some online courses. He already had two master degrees! Sheesh! I am glad that Elise got her thirst for knowledge from her dad! I was never a big fan of school-just the social part really!

Well, I love my little family and am so blessed to get to watch them grow and develop each step of the way. Thank you Matt for getting those degrees to make my life happier:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the circus was fun! I want to take Mya next year for sure.

What's up with Elise quitting pre-school? Was she not liking it or what? I wouldn't stress too much, I think pre-school is more for the social skills and she gets that in primary and such. The desire to learn is awesome though- that is something I am so glad Mya has!

Diana said...

How fun to drop everything for the circus. It is great to be a stay at home Mom, I love it (most days)
Elise will learn a lot from you. I don't even know if I'll do preschool with Kira. I already feel she is ready intellectually for Kindergarden, the only reason I would do it would to have alone time with Joshy. Elise will do just fine I'm sure she loves spending the time with you.

jt said...

So glad you're back! Now start commenting, and post a picture of that horse, damnit! :)

Diana said...

I miss your posts.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That top pic of Elise & Joey is so adorable! Joey looks just like Matt!