Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Different Kind of Wedding Reception

Friday I went to Matt's cousin's wedding reception held at an organ reception hall. I was a bit intimidated when I found out where it was being held and what kind of entertainment would be there. But, we went anyway, out of duty and curiosity. The organ music was actually very good. All around the room were fun 'bells and whistles' that would occasionally add to the entertaining organ solo. Different from most formal receptions but entertaining. The organist started out the evening by playing the Mickey Mouse song and then on to Star Wars theme song, Fiddler on the Roof, Polkas, and then ending with Phantom of the Opera. Different but good! For the favors they had little bride & groom rubber duckies for all to take home. Then the belly dancer came out to perform. That was our cue to leave but I had to stay for a little bit to see what she was going to do. I knew it was time to go when my two year old son was mesmerized by the lack of clothes and my four year old daughter was very upset that she couldn't stay to watch because she wanted to learn to dance like her! Here are a few pictures of the not so talented belly dancer....I heard a rumor as we were leaving that Elvis would be appearing at 8:00. Disappointed that I had to miss him!

2 comments:

Diana said...

rubber duckies I just don't get it!
the kids look cute.

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Was that Scott's reception?
~Becky