Thursday, May 11, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!


My Mom. I have been so blessed to be her daughter. I don’t know where to begin. She has had a huge influence on where I am today. I attribute my will to have fun to her. My faith in God is because of her example and faithfulness. I learned from her that you can’t change people. They are who they are and to love them anyway. But if they want to change then I should do what I can to help them better themselves. She has always been there for me when I needed her and when I thought I didn’t need her. I always knew that her love is unconditional. The other day I asked my daughter who loves her the very most and she answered “Oma does!” (That is what she calls my mom), so even her grandkids know that their Oma loves them! That opens up another wonderful characteristic of my mom-she is the worlds best grandmother. I couldn’t ask for a more loving and fun person to be the grandmother to my children. They adore her as do I. I can’t say enough wonderful things about her. She is such an example of strength to me. I though I would share some of her sayings that are famous in my family that come from her. Her favorite is “Remember who you are.”

Did you pray about it?

Are your chores finished?! ( I had to throw that one in!)

Ladies don’t chew gum nor do they call boys.

-In Dutch she says this but I don’t know how to spell in Dutch so you get it in English!

Enjoy your meal

You pee in my eye- which is really a compliment! Strange Dutch people!

I love you

Mind your own business

Well, I hope that one day you all will get to meet this wonderful woman that I am honored to call my mother.

You are the best Mom-I hope your day is all you wished it to be!

MOTHER
By Author Unknown

I appreciate the many prayers
you've whispered during
the worst moments in my life,
and the many hopes for my success
in all that I dreamed of.

I appreciate the kind wishes
that would make me so happy and fulfilled,
and the gentle words of encouragement
that were meant to strengthen my quests.

I appreciate the moments of sorrow
you experienced during my failures,
and the little gestures of kindness
that always made me feel better.

I appreciate your acceptance,
your ability to understand,
and the sincere friendship
that always gave me such security.

I appreciate the wisdom
of all the lessons you taught,
and the meaning behind the words
"unconditional love."

I appreciate all you've done -
every word and gesture.
I know you've been the best there is -
a mother beyond all compare.

For all you've done...
thank you, Mom.
For all that you are...
I love you.


1 comment:

michelle said...

What a wonderful tribute. I wonder how many people have someone who has always loved them unconditionally. Definitely someting to aspire to!

p.s. What in the world? Joseph looks SO grown-up!