Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Sunday Evenings


I thought I would post about what I like to do on Sundays after church. We have a ward that meets late so by the time we get home and eat dinner it is time to put the kids to bed. They go to bed rather early on these days since church is during their nap times. So by 7:00 both children are usually in bed and Matt and I have some catch up time to ourselves. I really look forward to these evenings together. Matt doesn't work on thesis stuff and I am not distracted by our adorable children. our favorite thing to do is to play our instruments together. I have played the flute since I was in the fourth grade-so about twenty years! But I haven't played as often as I would like since Elise was born. My dad gave me his flute that he used while in highschool so it is a family treasure. I am not sure how long Matt has played the guitar but he has taought himself all that he knows and does a prety good job. He really would like a piano but the guitar works for now! I think he has a nice singing voice and he sings along while we play. It is a pleasant way to pass the time.

We also enjoy playing games. Matt LOVES to play chess and wants to play it all the time but I am terrible at it and the game never lasts very long. We also like Monopoly and Risk. I love that Jessi and Timm have a game night. I really want to start something like that up here. I have a few prospects of who I can have attend. It is just a matter of getting the ball rolling:)

The other thing we do sometimes is visit with eachother and get to know one another again! We'll do this over a bowl of ice cream or make cookies together and eat to much of the dough! I like this activity alot but it doesn't happen often enough!

An update on the flowers my mom sent- they died. I was very said because I thought they would never die since it was a potted plant. I called the florist and took it in for them to see. The guy said that they must have just reached the end of their time in a pot so he let me pick out a replacement. Unfortunatly he was out of flowering plants. I picked this one which is nice but doesn't smell as wonderful as the hydrangeas.

As for my birthday I would love a girls night out. How is Saturday? I will send out an email to you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's fibbing about the flute, its a "loan" that has lasted 20 years

jt said...

Wow, I'm impressed with Elise for taking that picture! It's sweet, and I think it's rad that you two can make music together (in a non-explicit way) You know what I mean.. I need to go to bed now.

Bridget said...

FYI-Elise didn't really take the picture. My mom is the joker of the family. You've gotta watch her close!

michelle said...

That is the sweetest post. I can't believe the two of you playing instruments together... it really seems so idyllic. I love it.