Sunday, April 30, 2006

Birthdays!


Well, I have made a new goal to make blogging more of a priority this week. Every week seems chaotic so I can’t use that as an excuse anymore :)

A recap on this past week: took Elise to the Urgent care center last Sunday for an injury that she caused herself at nursery; then took Joseph to the ER for a head injury on Friday; participated in the YW activity; mowed the lawn and weeded my newly planted shrubs; cleaned the house from top to bottom; called the city to come out and turn on the irrigation water; began a recycle pile so that I can be better to the environment; and babysat the neighbor kids. I know that I am not ready for four kids! My two sisters birthdays were also this past week and I got the dates mixed up in my frenzied busyness- I swore that Thursday was the 26th not the 27th. I had to actually look at the calendar to prove it to myself! At least I remembered to mail their birthday presents! I am thinking about dying my hair blonde so that it matches my personality.

This week is my birthday and my mom sent me a beautiful potted plant full of sweet smelling blossoms. I love that it won’t be dead by next week and each time I walk by it I think if her. I love my mom-Thanks mom for giving me a birthday!

I am not sure what to do for my birthday. I have some ideas like a romantic getaway with my husband but I have no sitter and no money so then I thought dinner and a movie or something would be nice. Perhaps a day hike with the kids and Matt would be enjoyable as well. What things have you done that made your birthdays enjoyable and memorable? Do you have a favorite birthday? The birthday that seems to stand out in my mind is when I was about 10 or so and my grandma gave me my first pet- a cute white rabbit, cage and all. My parents were upset because she hadn’t talked to them about it first. But, my parents couldn’t tell me no- so I was able to keep it. That started my adoration for all animals. So, you could say it is because of her that I have a career in the animal world and that I own so many pets now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the girls night out thing. We could go out or I would love to have everyone over for dinner or something. Those flowers from your mom are so cute. Where does your family live? Most of my kid b-days were awesome, but my favorite one was when I turned 20. It was the second b-day I had since we got married, and Linc kinda did the same thing where he thought it was the 13th that day instead of the 14th, so just a normal day to him. So I just kinda took work off and went to a couple movies and read and went to lunch. I didn't say anything to him about it though- which was really dumb now that I think back to it. But spending the day doing all the things I wanted was so sweet! The next day was quite awesome too though because Linc is pretty cool about making a big deal out of b-days.

Robin said...

Happy Birthday this week! And I'm with Rachelle and Hannah - a girl's night out would definitely be fun.

I've had a lot of good birthdays growing up. One of my most memorable ones was my second year at college when I turned 20 - my family came out for it, and they brought Mark with them to surprise me. He had I engaged at the time, but he lived in Colorado up until we got married, so I didn't see him very often. It was so nice to have so many people here to celebrate with me whom I love.