Sunday, April 16, 2006

TAXES


Well, I finally did all my taxes. I have been dragging my feet because we had to pay in alot this time around! I was shocked actually since we have two children and own a house. But, I suppose we have not owned the house long enough! We got a refund back from the feds but had to pay into the state. Crazy...I really do hate income tax; especially since it is technically illegal. Just ask Matt or his dad! We pay enough in taxes every else! Imagine how much more money we could have in our bank accounts if we didn't have to pay an income tax. I think I would pay someone to remodel our kitchen instead of doing it ourselves! How about you? What would you do with the extra money the feds didn't take? Or if you are a lucky person who gets money back how will you spend it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering when you would do another post!
I did my taxes back in January, because my attorney told me that I better hurry up and claim Daniel before my ex did (I beat him to it--ha ha.) Anyway, taxes are no fun and that stinks that you have to pay!
How is your kitchen coming, anyway?

Anonymous said...

We did our taxes in February and got a pretty decent refund. We used it to pay off Linc's last semester at school and the balance is just sitting in savings waiting to go towards our roof eventually. I hope we get more next year since we will have owned the house for over a year by then. Next year should be better for both of us!

jt said...

we are still waiting on pins and needles everyday to get our return back.. unfortunately we will only use our to exist on! Paying the bills... Oh how fun! Except I am using part of it to get a gym membership. Not neccessarily fun, but probably neccessary.

Anonymous said...

We always get money back, but if we didn't pay taxes, we wouldn't have nice roads to drive on, or public schools to send our kids to (I'm especially grateful for that one!)

michelle said...

Hey, I just found out that you are a blogger! We got more back this year than usual, probably because we got to claim Eva this time. We are buying a trampoline for our kids and the rest is going to pay off a credit card. Boring, but still kinda cool to get a chunk of cash. That never happens to us. What a bummer that you have to pay!