Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Playing Catch Up

After a trial hits home-either big or small -it seems to take me a while to get back into some sort of routine. So, I have some pictures and stories to tell from the last few weeks so bear with me!


After Bella, my little french bulldog, died- I tried to fill up my days with activities to keep me distracted. One of them was to build a snowman with the dry Utah snow. It took a long time but after lots of packing and pounding of the snow we were successful. Elise is a determined and very good snowman builder. She built the head of the snowman entirely by herself. Joseph wanted to know after the snowman was done if he would come alive! Joey was bored after a little while so he went on to play ball with Strider. It is a fun game to play because you get a snowball and tell the dog that you have a ball. Then you throw the snowball and Strider takes off after the ball. Of course when the snowball lands it breaks apart and disappears in the snow but Strider knows the ball is somewhere in that area! Here are some pics of the kids having a snowball fight on our new deck.

One of the worst things a grieving pet owner can do is to go to a pet store! Well, I did. A few days after losing Bella and I came home with a 6 week old baby ferret. I had one a long time ago and I love their little personality. I could certainly use a laugh anyway! Elise named her 'Monkey' since she likes to hang from the top of her cage. I knew the kids would like her but I had no idea they would smother her in attention. They hold and play with her all day long. Lets just say the ferret gets a good night s rest at the end of the day! I like that the kids hold her a lot because the more a ferret is handled the better pet it becomes!

Here are just some funny pictures of Joey eating his 'Big daddy donut'. I went to the store to pick some things up and the kids wanted a donut. So I obliged when Joey wanted the giant size donut. It was fun to watch him eat it!

6 comments:

jt said...

okay, this: After 'Bella died' FREAKED me out. I know you can't helo it, but given my history, it stopped my heart for a moment.
I am so excited you got a ferret! (I amy be one of the only people you will hear say that-) I wish I could come play with yours and then leave the characteristic ferret musk at your house :) What's this I hear about a prospective new frenchie?

jt said...

and that is one HUGE donut. Glad you took pictures.
p.s. is the ferret nippy at all with the kids smothering her so?

Diana said...

I love the pictures Briget. The snowball game sounds like a lot of fun. Joey must think he is one cleaver little guy to come up with that :) I can totally picture Elise being so focused on the snowman, she did a great job on the head.
Also I think Joey must have doubled his weight after he ate that donut.
No comment on the ferret. J/K. I'm glad your kids are enjoying him so much!

Anonymous said...

VERY sorry Jessie! I will edit the post to say after the DOG, bella, died:) The ferret was nippy for the first few days but my kids are fearless and didn't hesitate to come back for more nipping! They learned to just shout 'no' and flick her on the nose.
~Bridget

Robin said...

Fun post, Bridget (: My heart just broke for you when Bella passed away, but I am so glad you were able to get a fun new ferret friend (Monkey - cute!) to help feel that empty spot inside. (: We need to come see all your cool animals!

And that donut? Seriously - awesome.

Anonymous said...

Love Joey eating the donut! Too cute! What was the name of the ferret you used to have--Pokey? I remember us visiting when Corey was about Joey's age & him LOVING that ferret! I have pics somewhere.